Really enjoyed playing it, but I got stuck after killing Star dude. Thanks for making this!
SpongeBound: The Attack of Giygas!
A downloadable Fan game for Windows
In the peaceful town of Bikini Bottom, a dark omen is coming.... Giygas, the universal cosmic destroyer is planning on sending all to the horror of eternal darkness before destroying the universe itself... However, an ancient prophecy has predicted that Giygas's plans will fail due to the existence of a boy named.... "SpongeBob"... The prophecy says that six boys and one girl, known as the Chosen Seven, will find the power of all eight "Your Sanctuaries" and defeat Giygas.... It is all up to SpongeBob and his six friends to stop Giygas and save the universe. They will meet new friends from other popular cartoons or games and team up with them to stop the evil that blocks light from shining.....
Can you help them stop it?
You play as SpongeBob and his friends traveling through a large world with many things to explore. Exploring has an Earthbound feel to it. You fight in random encounters similar to Earthbound Zero and battle in a turn based battle system controlling seven characters at once! Sadly, rolling HP is not in this game, the HP and PP system is similar to Earthbound Zero.
This is a simple game made in RPG Maker VX Ace in a span of 6 months so many defaults still exist. There are many similarities to Earthbound and Earthbound Zero (because the game is based on that!) such as skill names and enemies. However, this is not a pushover game. It will be unforgiving if you're not prepared! The story is about 40 hours long. There are many secret dungeons and bosses that really test your skills!
35-40 hour long playtime
Silly, corny dialogue!
Turn based battle system inspired by EarthBound, and Final Fantasy.
Fourth wall breaks!
Option to change the Menu color!
Sad moments with funny dialogue!
Huge Cartoon crossover!
Several tilesets used from Aindra’s Corner
Several scripts used from Yanfly
Several scripts used from Victor Engine
Music from Nickelodeon (Most Converted to 8-bit.)
Several songs from Square Enix games
Several songs from Nintendo games
Several songs from DarkNES
Several songs from Rainbowcrash88
Several songs from Kil6969
Several sounds from Earthbound
SpongeBob sprites from NoJoy
- Sandy and Bowser’s sprites are slightly messed up, Sandy’s tail sometimes pops up in front of her while walking, and Bowser’s too big for the Party Menu, so he covers other character’s sprites sometimes.
- Sometimes, Pray and Dance do nothing. I’m pretty sure it’s a small error with a script I’m using. It’s from Yanfly but I don’t know how to fix it.
- I used RTP sprites for the fish in Bikini Bottom. There used to be fish sprites but they got taken down, so I couldn’t use them.
SpongeBob SquarePants, related characters and places are owned by Nickelodeon. No copyright infringement is intended. This is a free fan-game and should not be sold.
There are many other cartoon and video game characters that are in the game but if I put this disclaimer for all of them it would take forever! Just know that this is only a fan-game and copyright infringement for all game series in the game IS NOT intended.
- This Game is basic and uses a lot of RTP things. Don’t judge the game because of that! I’m not a good sprite artist, so I couldn’t really do anything about that.... (My best sprite of Pearl looked like a gray and pink blob...)
- This Game is hard and has a lot of difficulty spikes and puzzles! Just know that before you play!
R.I.P 1961- 2018
You've created the best cartoon ever. Rest in Peace